Antivirus software is one of those things you might skip for your computer, but really shouldn’t. Your computer hosts some of your most important information and details, and keeping your devices secure and protected is incredibly important.
There’s a wide market for antivirus software, but most experts in the field would argue that McAfee has the absolute best antivirus software. But it’s important to know what differentiates McAfee from other sites, and what makes their product so valuable to your computer.
Let’s break down what makes McAfee’s software so reliable, and why it might be a good idea for you to invest in it.
But if you’d like to learn more directly from them, take a look here at their package breakdown.
It’s not enough to just speak about the “best antivirus” software without talking about what antivirus is. In the simplest terms, an antivirus is a software that works to detect, prevent, and remove malicious software on your computer and devices. Antivirus runs in the background of your computer and works to auto-detect harmful software. Common types of harmful items you might find on your devices are:
- Malware – A blanket statement, short for malicious software. Malware is designed to do damage to your device or perform unwanted actions on your computer. It has the capacity to both slow down your devices and cause crashes.
- Phishing– The process of using fraudulent websites and e-mails to trick individuals into providing personal and financial information. This info can be used to compromise accounts and can lead to stolen finances, identity, and more.
- Spyware – Software that “breaks in” to your computer’s operating system and attempts to track your online activity. Spyware can create issues with your user experience as well.
Find out how an antivirus can keep your computer protected here.
How Does McAfee’s Antivirus Protect My Computer?
McAfee antivirus works to scan your computer of any potential threats on your device. With the program running in the background, your computer is scanned for any suspicious type of files, software, or anything else that can be harmful to your device. Once harmful files are found, McAfee’s antivirus will notify you and help you to remove them from your device. You also could set the frequency in which McAfee will scan for any malware:
- Real-Time Scanning – Files are scanned whenever they are accessed. The program will notify you if the file you are looking to open may be corrupted or harmful.
- On-Demand Scanning – Manually start a scan of all your drives and folders instantly. If you have a suspicion your device may have come into contact with malware, you can order a scan immediately on your own.
- Scheduled Scanning – Set a particular time and schedule to run scans on a regular basis. If you don’t want to be worrying about scanning yourself, you can run scans on a set schedule. This is an excellent feature to keep your devices always protected, even when you’re not thinking about it.
How is McAfee Different from Free Antivirus?
When considering the best antivirus software, many might think what’s wrong with my free antivirus? Typically, free antivirus software only offers baseline protection and has less ability to combat evolving threats. With free antivirus, it can detect the basic threats, but likely won’t provide protection beyond that. With an award-winning and industry-leading system like McAfee Antivirus, you’re best protected against all types of malware and viruses.
So How Do I Start Protecting My Devices with McAfee?
To get fully protected, you’ll want the McAfee Total Protection. The Total Protection package is built to protect you from all threats and comes with an assortment of tools. Included in the Total Protection package is:
- Antivirus – Protect your computer and personal information.
- Firewall – Block hackers from accessing any of your home networks.
- Password Manager – Securely store and manage all of your online passwords.
- File Shredder – Delete sensitive files to ensure no traces are left behind.
- Identity Protection Service – Monitor up to 10 e-mail addresses for any harmful content.
- Expert Security Support – Get technical assistance from a dedicated team.
- Safe Browsing – Any risky sites will be blocked while browsing.
- Computer Optimization – Automated tools to help improve the performance of your computer.
- VPN – A private client that encrypts your IP address and data when browsing.
If you want a full breakdown of all of these products included in the Total Protection, you can see so here.
You can get all of these awesome features and benefits at a basic individual (1 device) package starting at $84.99 per year. Or protect all of your family devices with a family plan starting at $39.99 per year.
So if you’re planning on getting a new device for yourself or someone on your holiday list, don’t leave out McAfee. This will possibly be the most valuable insurance you can ever get for the new device. Get it here today!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Talk District may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.