Are you wondering how to stand out in the music industry and land more gigs (or perhaps a full-time role)? If so, you’ll need a stellar resume to wow potential employers. With the right music industry resume template, you’ll stand a better chance of being memorable and getting a call from those in the field.
Whether you’re looking for a job as a producer, manager, or artist, the right resume can help you show off your skills. But when applying for a job in the music industry, there are specific things you need to put on your resume. In this article, we’ll show you how to write your skills and experiences in a way that will get you hired.
If you’re just starting your job search, check out ZipRecruiter. The platform has thousands of music-related jobs for all skill levels. Simply type in your desired role and see which positions are available in your area!
Music Industry Resume Template
Creating a profile on ZipRecruiter will help you connect with people in the industry. Once you’ve uploaded your music industry resume, ZipRecruiter’s AI technology will scan it and match you with positions. It will also tell you how qualified you are to take these positions. As a result, you can spend your time applying for jobs you’re most likely to get!
The technology will also send your profile to potential employers. Then, if they’re interested, they can invite you to apply. This triples the likelihood you’ll get hired!
But, you might not get hired if you don’t have a good resume, so you need a good music industry resume template. As a rule of thumb, you should make sure your document follows this format:
- Short summary – this is a concise statement outlining your career, experience, and what you’re looking for in a job.
- Career history – list all relevant jobs along with a few sentences or bullet points about your past responsibilities.
- Skills – you may choose to include a separate section to list your musical abilities. Depending on the role, this could be a variety of things (both soft and hard skills). You may also want to write about any other exceptional skills you may have, even if they aren’t related to music.
- Education – it’s important to list any formal education you have, even if it’s not related to music. Also include certification or any musical classes you have taken as well.
- Honors and Awards – if you’ve been recognized for your musical ability, show this in the honors and awards section.
Don’t forget to include your full name and contact information (phone number, email address, or physical address).
Skills to Include on Your Music Industry Resume
As with any resume, it’s crucial that you list any relevant skills required for the position. Take a look at the ZipRecruiter job posting and see what requirements the employer is asking for. Then, tailor your skills in your resume to reflect the qualifications they need.
For example, if you’re an artist, you’ll want to highlight any instruments you play. If you’re applying as an audio engineer, you can show off your recording software skills. Or, if you’re hoping to be a manager, talk about your communication, interpersonal, or organizational skills.
It can also be beneficial to include skills that aren’t directly related to music. This could be a second language, proficiency in software, or anything else that helps you stand out from other candidates.
Music Industry Resume Template
3764 51 South St, Memphis, Tennessee
Accomplished singer, dancer, and entertainer with more than 3 decades of experience. Now looking to transition into a music producer position. Detail-oriented and hardworking with a strong passion for arranging musical pieces. In-depth knowledge of digital recording, editing, and sound mixing with skills to handle the logistics of individual artistic talents.
2020 – Present
Assistant Producer – Graceland Records (Memphis, Tennessee)
- Supervised music recording sessions
- Set up recording equipment
- Oversaw sound mixing and editing for 10+ records
2010 – 2014
University of Tennessee – Bachelor of Arts, Music
Music and Technology Program – Certification
Awards and Recognition
Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award – 2018
American Music Award of Merit – 2019
- Award-winning musical artist
- Digital and analog sound mixing
- Music theory and techniques
- Fluent in German
Create a Stand Out Resume
Your resume might look different from this music industry resume template, but you can still follow these guidelines! Remember to use the job description on ZipRecruiter for assistance. And if you make the cut, you’ll be heading through to the interview process! But don’t get too nervous; we have a few tips to help you ace the job interview too.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Talk District may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.